Sunday, September 23, 2012

"I will always love you no matter your shape."

June 1997. Aunt Becky and Uncle T were in town for my high school graduation. Me, Mom, G, C, K, B, Aunt Becky and Uncle T went to Ryan's for dinner. B had to go potty so I took her. While we were in there she looked up at me and said "Aunt Sam... I want you to know that I love you no matter your... shape. I don't want you to get sick like DJ." What she was trying to tell me without saying that I was fat was that she loved me no matter what I looked like. Come to find out she had been watching old reruns of Full House. She had recently seen the one where DJ is suffering from an eating disorder and it made DJ sick. B was very worried about me so she wanted me to know that she loved me no matter what. Whenever I think about being overweight or fat or fluffy or a different shape or whatever you want to call it... I KNOW that B loves me no matter what. :) During this journey I hope to remain the same Sam... just a different shape...

8 comments:

  1. Great journaling. Love reading life history and stories like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wendy Loo Who! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I had ever heard this story before. That is so sweet! Love you Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the same trip to Ryan's where Uncle T taught B about dipping strawberries in chocolate sauce. :) Come to think of it... You were probably there too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just realized that my post didn't post... I am very sad about it because I wrote a very long very from the bottom of my heart post and "poof" nothing. Sometimes I am inspired to write and that was definitely the case after I read your "shape" post. There is no way to recover it and It darn sure isn't coming out of my brain again - LOL.
    Well, I do remember a focal point was "Aunt Sam, your not your just fluffy". K & I thought A said that but it could have been B... ??? who remembers anything anymore - ha ha. Love you Sammi Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm kinda sad your "from the bottom of my heart" post got lost. I'm not sure which one of them said it but I do remember hearing it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you Aunt Sam! :) Beautiful journal! I see where I get my writing skills from ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not really sure what to say except for thank you. I am glad you like it but I think out of the two of us... You are the better writer. Love you!

    ReplyDelete